In this Fitbit Flex Wristband review, you will learn what it is, what it can do, what it can’t do and much more.
Whether you travel a little or a lot, you know that it can be very hard to keep up with your exercise program. Is it possible to actually track your fitness from a simple gadget on your wrist?
What is the Fitbit Flex Wristband?
The Fitbit Flex Wristband is the latest addition to the Fitbit product line. In simple terms, it’s an energy and exercise tracker that you wear on your wrist. You can wear it 24 hours a day. So whether you are washing dishes or running a marathon, this little gadget will record every calorie expended which is pretty cool because you’ll have information on calories expended in a resting state as well.
What can the Fitbit Flex Wristband do?
It can track:
- Your weight loss goals
- your food intake
- your exercise output
- your sleep patterns
- how many calories you burn
If you are traveling through different time zones, you’re likely losing sleep along the way. And when you do finally get some sleep, it may not be the quality sleep you need. This little gadget can also display the quality of your sleep including how many times you woke so you can make adjustments to your schedule. Sounds like a boring feature but that’s a feature I really like! Not to mention, it’s even an alarm clock.
- You can customize your fitness goals
- Has a silent alarm so you don’t wake your partner
- You can sync the data with a PC (Windows XP, 7, and 8) or Mac (OS 10.5+)
- You can share data with other fitness apps like Runkeeper
- You can track your activity 24 hours a day
- Syncs your stats with your iPhone 4S or 5 or Samsung Galaxy SIII or higher
- Available in different colors
- Comes with 2 wristbands: one for a small wrist and one for a larger wrist
Things to consider when purchasing the Fitbit Flex:
- The Fitbit Flex will not track yoga movements
- Weight lift tracking is not consistent; it provides an estimate of calories burned but not actual calories burned
- It’s not a watch. It does not tell time.
- According to the documentation, it is water resistent so you can even wear it in the shower.
- In order to begin using it, you need to access all the features and functions via the website to set it up.
How do I charge it?
The Fitbit Flex comes with a USB cable, 2 wristbands (large and small) as well as the actual tracker which is as small as a memory stick. To charge it, simply remove the tracker from the wristband and connect to the USB cable at one end and plug the other end into your computer or USB wall charger (not included). The Fitbit is fully charged when all five LED lights are lit. The charge will last about five days.
Note: the contacts on the tracker can sometimes get dirty causing problems with charging. The contacts can be cleaned with a cotton swab and a little rubbing alcohol. It’s important to make sure the contacts are clean before charging.
Fitbit Flex Wristband Price
The price of the Fitbit Flex varies anywhere from $79.99 to $95.99 depending on where you make your purchase. Right now, Amazon have it listed for $90.14.
Who can benefit from purchasing a Fitbit Flex?
The beauty of the Fitbit Flex is that anyone can use it for tracking exercise. Whether you are new to exercise or just getting back into a program, the Fitbit Flex will help you track a myriad of activities. Plus, it also allows you to sync your activity making it even easier to keep track of your activities. Having a Fitbit Flex on your wrist while traveling takes the headache out of tracking your fitness. But don’t forget that it can also track your sleep patterns. You can also use it as an alarm to wake you up in the morning.